How to Manually Install a Theme on WordPress Using the Admin Dashboard? Print
1. Login to your WordPress admin dashboard.
2. Under the dashboard menu, hover over "Appearance" and click on "Themes".
3. Click on "Upload Themes".
4. Click on Browse and chose a theme, which is compressed in a ZIP file, from your PC/Laptop. If your ZIP file contains a folder like "upload", first extract the content of uploaded files and the compressed theme file. Click on "Install Now".
5. It will take a few minutes to upload a theme, and then, if it is successfully installed, it will show a message like "Theme installed successfully". Now click on "Activate".
Congratulations, you manually installed and activated a new WordPress theme.
Was this answer helpful?
How to Delete/Remove a WordPress theme from the WordPress Dashboard? We recommended you to remove unused themes. This is a good practice for protecting your WordPress... How to Install a New Theme in WordPress? You can install a new WordPress theme without having any technical knowledge. It"s so easy and... How to Change the Display Name of a WordPress User Account? You can change the display name of your WordPress account which show on a WordPress post or... How to Change the Password of a Wordpress Account? If you are logged in into your wordpress admin account, you can easily change your password.1.... How to Forcefully Update a Plugin in WordPress? If your WordPress plugin is not working properly or you want to re-install it even when it is...