How to Forcefully Update a Plugin in WordPress? Print
You can do this with both active or deactivated plugins.
1. Login to your WordPress admin dashboard.
2. Under the dashboard menu, hover your mouse over "Plugins" and then click on "Installed Plugins".
3. Locate the plugin you wish to forcefully update and then click on "Edit".
4. In the editor, locate the text:
Then you will only need to change it to:
Only change the version from a higher to a lower number.
5. Scroll down and click on "Update File". Then go back to the "Installed Plugins" list and you will see a text like "There is a new version of"¶" and you will only need to click on "Update now". This will update your plugin"s files.
Was this answer helpful?
How to Delete/Remove a WordPress theme from the WordPress Dashboard? We recommended you to remove unused themes. This is a good practice for protecting your WordPress... How to Manually Install a Theme on WordPress Using the Admin Dashboard? You downloaded a new theme from trusted website and want to install it on your WordPress site... How to Install a New Theme in WordPress? You can install a new WordPress theme without having any technical knowledge. It"s so easy and... How to Change the Display Name of a WordPress User Account? You can change the display name of your WordPress account which show on a WordPress post or... How to Change the Password of a Wordpress Account? If you are logged in into your wordpress admin account, you can easily change your password.1....